Swabian Potato Salad
The swabian potato salad with broth is served with Maultschen, Schnitzel or Sausages
- Pot, knife, salad bowl, measuring cup,
- 1 kg roughly 2 pounds golden potatoes,
- 1 onion
- 250 ml approx. 1 cup beef broth,
- 1 pinch Salt Pepper,
- 1 TL Mustard (Yellow or Dijon)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Bacon optional
- Chives or Green onions for garnish
- Cook potatoes, after they are cold enough peel them and cut them in thin slices.
- Peel the onion and mince it, afterwards pour the hot broth over them.
- Season the potatoes with salt, pepper and vinegar then pour the 2/3 of the broth over it and let it rest for 10 min., next pour the rest of the broth on it and spice it to your taste. After that you lift under the oil. Let it rest for at least 2 hours.
- Serve it with the cut chives.
It taste best when it still a bit warm (my grandma wrapped it in newspaper to keep it warm).