Fort Stevens State Park
Weekend at Longebach, WA
Around 5 p.m. we arrived at the Eagles Nest campsite. After setting up the trailer we started preparing dinner, around 7 p.m we where ready for dinner afterwards we had a relaxing evening with some board games.
After breakfast the next day we hiked through the forest behind the campsite to the nearby Cap Dissapointment Viewpoint From there the Discovery Trail led us to the cloudy beach, nevertheless, decided to have a picnic there. We spent the rest of the day at the camping place.
The next morning we were disappointed because it was raining, so we had breakfast and decided to go to the Cape Disappointment State Park. There we visited Fort Carney (ruin), the Cap Dissapointment Lighthouse and the visitor centre were closed due to Covid. Luckily the weather changed, so we packed a few things for another picnic at Seaview Beach. On the way back we stopped at the Longbeach promenade to admire the whale skeleton, but we found only a few bones overgrown by grass – another disappointment. We ended the day with a camp 🔥.
Since Longbeach is right on the border of Oregon we made a trip to Fort Stevens State Park the following day and spent a wonderful day on the beach.
Do not miss the following activities nearby:
- North Head Lighthouse
- Cape Disappointment State Park: Fort Canby, Lighthouse, Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center
(Campingground, picknick tables, Boot ramp and booting und 7-mile hikes )
- Long Beach Boardwalk
- Leadbetter Point Trailhead 8 miles in and out
- Fort Columbia | Historical State Park
- Willapa National Wildlife Refuge
- Leadbetter Point State Park, 8 miles hike, boot ramp and booting, fishing und clamming und Wildlife
- Red Lake Trailhead
- Beard’s Hollow View Point & Beard’s Hollow Trailhead connects to Discovery trail which leads to the beach.
- Wreck of the Peter Iredale & Fort Stevens Historical Area at Fort Stevens State Park
My Maps Karte zum Speichern
How to get the most out of the interactive map
Option 1: Click on the rectangle at the top right and save the complete Seattle map with the highlights & tips in Google Maps. With a click on the star the map is saved as a favourite.
Option 2: Click on individual sights, then a drop-down menu opens on the left. You can use this to “open in Google Maps” the sight and save it there as a favorite.