Sushi / Poke Bowl
Homemade Poke Bowl
Poke pronounced “po-kay” means sliced so I love all the health slice of Veggies and fish. Try it for yourself its easy to prepare yourself.
- 4 bowls, knife, pot, cutting board, 2 mixing bowls, measuring cup, scale, stirring spoon
- 2 cups of cooked short grain or sushi brown rice
- 30 ml or 3 tbsp + extra 3 teaspoons of rice vinegar divided use
- 2 teaspoon of sugar or low-calorie sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (Miracle Wip)
- 4 teaspoon Siracha chili sauce or Sambal olek
- 400 g tuna or salmon sashimi crab meat cooked shrimp or smoked salmon
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 2 sheets of nori seaweed cut into strips
- 3 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon green onions
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- Optional: wasabi paste soy sauce and/or pickled ginger
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 30 ml rice vinegar and 2 teaspoon sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved . than poor it over the rice and mix it well.
- Put the cucumber along with 3 tsp of sesame oil, sesame seeds and rice vinegar in a small bowl. Toss to coat the cucumbers. Add salt to taste.
- Spoon the cucumbers onto the rice. Arrange the fish and avocado on top of the rice. Sprinkle with green onions and nori strips and spicy mayonnaise.
- Serve with wasabi, soy sauce and/or ginger if desired.