Cinnamon Stars / Zimtsterne
Cinnemon Star / Zimtsterne
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Hand mixer
- Mixing bowl
- cookie cutter
- 5 egg whites
- 400 g confectioners sugar
- 500 g ground almonds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 zest of an untreated lemon optional
- Preheat oven to 160°C / 320 °F
- Beat egg white in a bowl with a mixer until its very stiff. Slowly pour in the sifted confectioners sugar. Add the lemon zest and juice (if using) and stir until its a firm cream. Remove 1/3 of the the mass and cool it.
- Mix the remaining egg white with the cinnamon and almonds.
- Spread ground almonds on a work mat or your work surface then roll out the dough and cut out the cinnamon stars or hearts.
- Place the stars or hearts on a baking sheet, lined with baking paper and brush with the egg white you set aside.
- Bake for 20-25 min with the oven door open (until the corners are slightly golden)
Wildlife, crystal clear lakes and over 1000 hikes - Glacier National ParkVisit Glacier National Park while there is still glacier extant. With the global warming, the glaciers are melting. It’s not easy to predict, when exactly the last one will be gone but in 1850...
Chillaxing on the beach - what do you want more?The first weekend camping trip of the season lead us to Copalis Beach, just 2 and a half hours away from home. We stayed at the Copalis River RV Park which is a well maintain campground with big Bathrooms/Showers, RV...
Weekend fun for the whole familyLeavenworth offers fun for the whole family; lakes, mountains, hiking, kayaking, rafting and more in summer, snow and snow activities in the winter, festivals, and German Food all year round. Since we arrived in the US everyone told us...