Cinnamon Stars / Zimtsterne
Cinnemon Star / Zimtsterne
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Hand mixer
- Mixing bowl
- cookie cutter
- 5 egg whites
- 400 g confectioners sugar
- 500 g ground almonds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 zest of an untreated lemon optional
- Preheat oven to 160°C / 320 °F
- Beat egg white in a bowl with a mixer until its very stiff. Slowly pour in the sifted confectioners sugar. Add the lemon zest and juice (if using) and stir until its a firm cream. Remove 1/3 of the the mass and cool it.
- Mix the remaining egg white with the cinnamon and almonds.
- Spread ground almonds on a work mat or your work surface then roll out the dough and cut out the cinnamon stars or hearts.
- Place the stars or hearts on a baking sheet, lined with baking paper and brush with the egg white you set aside.
- Bake for 20-25 min with the oven door open (until the corners are slightly golden)
Why city of lemons?Why Lemon City? Here in the mild Mediterranean climate, lemons thrive particularly well, which is why Menton is Europe's largest lemon producer, even with a trademark for its special quality. It is not waxed as usual, so the skin can also be eaten...
Paris in 3 daysParis is worth a visit. Why? The city has flair, beautiful old buildings, museums, history, gardens, the Seine and much more. Our Top 5: Eiffel Tower, Louvre, the Galleries Lafayette, Versailles, and Notre Dame, although due to the 2019 fire, the...
Dubai city of superlatives In April this year, I had the opportunity to accompany my husband on a business trip to Dubai. It was great to see the impressive buildings. The temperature was 35 degrees, and it was not so much hustle and bustle because...