Cinnamon Stars / Zimtsterne
Cinnemon Star / Zimtsterne
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Hand mixer
- Mixing bowl
- cookie cutter
- 5 egg whites
- 400 g confectioners sugar
- 500 g ground almonds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 zest of an untreated lemon optional
- Preheat oven to 160°C / 320 °F
- Beat egg white in a bowl with a mixer until its very stiff. Slowly pour in the sifted confectioners sugar. Add the lemon zest and juice (if using) and stir until its a firm cream. Remove 1/3 of the the mass and cool it.
- Mix the remaining egg white with the cinnamon and almonds.
- Spread ground almonds on a work mat or your work surface then roll out the dough and cut out the cinnamon stars or hearts.
- Place the stars or hearts on a baking sheet, lined with baking paper and brush with the egg white you set aside.
- Bake for 20-25 min with the oven door open (until the corners are slightly golden)
May you also like German Almond Macaroons and Gingerbread Cookies/Elisenlebkuchen – all of them are gluten free.
Grand Teton National Park – Road Trip
Teton Nationalpark, Wyoming: Accomondations, Tips, and Highlights Grand-Teton-Nationalpark Grand Teton National Park is located in northwest Wyoming, south of Yellowstone National Park. Entry fee into Grand Teton National Park is $35 per vehicle, and this pass gives...
Seattle – Day Trip Ideas with Map
1-Day Seattle ItineraryVisit downtown Seattle first. Start at Pike Place Market; the Gum Wall, get a coffee from the Original Starbucks (recognizable by the big line in front). While waiting, watch as the crowd swarms and the fish begin to fly. Explore Pike Place...
Menton – City of the Lemons
Why city of lemons?Why Lemon City? Here in the mild Mediterranean climate, lemons thrive particularly well, which is why Menton is Europe's largest lemon producer, even with a trademark for its special quality. It is not waxed as usual, so the skin can also be eaten...